One thing you can't change when you rent an apartment or house are the floors. If the carpet has seen better days or the tile is outdated and chipped, the floors are going to be a constant reminder-thorn in the flesh-that this place is not yours. In order to help you hide the ugliness, Ive compiled a list of some of my favorite places to shop for rugs that are good quality, but won't make you feel like you've just invested your life's savings😎.
1) RUGS USA. This is probably my favorite rug site. No matter what your style is you can find it here, and with their amazing sales and free shipping, they make it easy to shop guilt free. Plus, if you use #RUGSUSA to tag your photos on Instagram you could win $500! Mo money for mo rugs😏. This gorgeous runner is only $63 right now!!
2) WORLD MARKET. I shop for rugs here all the time, not just for me, but for my clients as well. I've never bought a rug here I didn't love, and their prices are hard to beat. The only reason I favor Rugsusa is because they have more choices. If a natural fiber rug is what you're looking for, you can most likely find it here. This woven jute stunner is currently going for $149.99.
3) WAYFAIR. Oh Wayfair, how I love thee. I could get lost on this site for hours (who am I kidding, I do get lost on this site for hours)! Like Rugs USA, Wayfair has an amazing selection of rugs by all sorts of designers. One of my favorite brands they carry is Safavieh. Their rugs are extremely durable. I've had the one on my patio for a few years now, and it still looks brand new! This vibrant navy 7' round is $253.11, and you get free shipping.
4) TARGET. You can't blog about bargain anything without including Target. I think half the stuff in my home came from there, including a couple of rugs. They don't have a huge selection in their stores, but their prices are so good you may even be able to afford to create a boho look by scattering several rugs wherever you feel needs the most coverage😂. You can get this shag beauty in an 8 by 10 for $244.99.
5) POTTERY BARN. Ok, I know it can sometimes feel like you're investing your life's savings when you shop at Pottery Barn, but the quality of their pieces is excellent! Right now I have one of their Kilims in my kitchen, and I love it! One way to sort of bargain shop on their site is to subscribe. They will send you coupon codes all the time! I bought my rug with a 20% off coupon code during a free shipping weekend, so I still feel like I got a deal😉. This is the one I have, now on special for $239 for a 5 by 8!
Rugs really are a great way to infuse style and a punch of color into your space while covering up unsightly floors, and it's not too difficult to find them within any budget. If you're on a really tight budget, I suggest checking Craigslist or Ebay. You can also layer by buying your favorite rug in the size you can afford, then layering it over an inexpensive neutral rug in a larger size. Not only will you save money, but you'll give your room that cozy textured look that everyone's after right now!
If you would like help choosing a rug or completely overhauling a space in your home, please contact me.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Do you have a favorite place to shop for rugs? Let me know in the comments below!
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly